Thursday, March 12, 2009

Your World Is Gonna Change Nothing

Tuesday, Jordan and I went to Other Music so I could buy the new Bishop Allen album and then Bishop Allen played a free show there! It was great and I liked hearing the new songs. I think this was the 6th time I've seen Bishop Allen. Always a good time.

I'm thinking my new blog can very easily turn into me writing fanboy reviews of things. Let's talk about the new BA album. It's pretty good, I like it. I think the internet has been giving it a B and I'd say that's probably want I give it. After 2 listens, nothing quite sticks out, or is stuck in my head as I would hope, particularly like "Middle Management" from the last album. But the songs are good and I'm sure this will quickly grow on me. I guess my complaints would be all the songs are short, nothing over 4 minutes, and since the last album only came out in August of 2007, maybe they could have spent a little more time on it, but it's still great and I enjoy it.

In other music news, I finally got around to listening to the Okkervil River mix Catie gave me. I liked their last album, The Stage Names , a lot. After listening to the mix, I've come to the conclusion that I love their upbeat, rocking songs a lot. "Singer Songwriter" from their new album The Stand Ins is easily one of my favorite new songs. But their slower songs I am not that into. One of the songs on the mix was really slow and dreadful and I was not into it at all.

In other fun news, Jordan invited me to Hoboken St. Patrick's Day on Saturday. It was a fun time. Kurt woke us up at 10 am and then we started drinking. Nothing like a Rolling Rock before breakfast. Then we recounted tales that involved all of us saving each others lives at some point.

Maybe I will write some more reviews on stuff like Watchmen and Dollhouse. Maybe.

I've been in a bad habit lately of wasting too much of my day. Today I didn't get out of bed til well after 4 pm. ick. Although, in my defense, I usually don't go to bed til 6...7... or 8 am.

I guess that's it. Oh, and I ate 6 slices of pizza tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment