Monday, March 23, 2009

Because You Left

Friday was my first time back to Philly since moving out on January 31st. I've been very anxious for a trip, because I love Philly so dear. And as you may recall, one of the shows I was working on was canceled, hence why I could stay in Philly for 3 days.

I was amazed at how much things have changed in just the short time I've been gone. Brian re-decorated the house, people have new and exciting things going on in their lives, Adam and Ciana are now working for the Dharma Intuitive. It's crazy.

I arrived Friday night for Brian's party in the house were I last lived before leaving. The party started at 8:00, so being the casually late person I am, I was the first to arrive at 8:15. But soon others arrived, including, but not limited to: Sara Finne, Marybeth, Caitlin Carney-Jones, Stu and Mark Downing. Alan and Amber also came! It was a great time. It was too bad that Jenn was not there, but her band, Love City, is on tour right now.

Other good news, Marybeth and Leslie Nichols have started a video production company called Junkdrawer Media, Ink. Their website is very awesome: www.junkdrawermedia.com

Saturday, I hungout with Kelly B. for a bit. We walked around and she picked out a new pair of shoes for me at Payless. They were $22! She left to go watch some kids and soon I caught up with Ciana and then were joined by Alan, Amber and Adam (the A Squad) for dinner in Chinatown. Dinner was a good time.

Next, there was pre-gaming at Amber's apartment and we headed to The Barbary. This local Philly band called The Lemon Treasure played, and they are now my favorite band ever. We even tricked one of the girls in the band to get a picture with us in the photo booth.

Sunday, me, Alan and Amber made breakfast and watched The State on VHS. The State is hilarious. I can't believe I have never seen it before. Oh Michael Ian Black. You ARE ashamed of being jewish.

Overall, it was a really great time, and I'm glad I got to see a lot of people in Philly. I also spent a lot of time being drunk, for good or bad. (probably bad)

No comments:

Post a Comment