Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm gonna get drunnnnnk.

Running around Times Square at 3, 4, and 5 in the morning, as I do, you see some interesting thing. I'll skip the story of the guy I saw masturbating one Sunday night on the subway train and tell you about what I saw Thursday night.

I got out of work and headed to 7-11 to get a blueberry muffin. (side track: the blueberry muffins at 7-11 are surprisingly good and cheaper here then at Dunkin Donuts, where I usually get my muffins.) As I neared the entrance I saw a crazy guy go inside. I got my muffin and payed for it. As I left the counter, the crazy guy, who was under 30, long hair, homeless, and wearing a sombrero, approached the counter with hands full of beer. (I still can't get over the fact you can buy beer anywhere here.)

And he sang: "I'm gonna get drunk in 10 minutes because I'm homeless and then I'm gonna get stoned cause I got dollars". As the other people in the store laughed and the clerk proclaimed "I'm from India", the man told them to check out his sign, as he ran to grab the cardboard sign he laid near the entrance.

I left the store and a few feet later I saw a girl sitting on the ground, head down, and a splatter of vomit next to her. I thought about asking her if she was okay, but I didn't. I wish I had. There are crazy , drunk, homeless people out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment