Monday, October 18, 2010

Church of Tim Kasher

October the 4th I traveled to Philly to see Tim Kasher play at The Barbary, a renowned hipster bar. The show was pretty great and the new songs sounded awesome. I forget the opening guy’s name. He was kinda weird and probably drunk. Tim played practically the entire album as well as ‘Driftwood’ and ‘You’re No Fool’. My only complaint about the show was his album hadn’t been released yet, so I didn’t really know the new songs. But they still sounded really good live. I bought the album at the show though, for 10 bucks and 2 days before the release!


Here is my review for Tim Kasher’s first solo album “The Game of Monogamy”.


The album starts off with the Monogamy Overture, an instrumental piece, followed by A Grown Man. A Grown Man is an alright song, it sounded better live. The album really starts with the 3rd track I’m Afraid I’m Gonna Die Here, where Tim spews out everything that’s been on his mind.


The next song, Strays, it probably my favorite song on the album. Cold Love, the first single off the album, isn’t a bad song, but it was meant to be a single and is one of the weaker songs on the album. And finally, Monogamy is a pretty interesting song that gets right to the heart of what the album is about.


I feel like this album will only get better as time goes on and as I get older I’ll identify with it more and more. I like this album a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment